Sustainability / Green Building Materials
ARAUCO GREEN BUILDING MATERIALS SOLUTIONS
LEED - GREENGLOBES - IgCC - CALGREEN - ECO-DESIGN PROGRAMS
ARAUCO products support a number of Green Building and related down-stream product certifications.
Life-cycle Assessment (LCA), Environmental Product Declarations (EPD)
Wood- based products are documented to have favorable properties when it comes to life-cycle impacts, in particular: manufactured from renewable resources; carbon neutral; and for composite panels, typically very high in recycled content.
ARAUCO North America offers cradle to gate information through the Industry-wide Environmental Product Declarations for particleboard and MDF manufactured in North America. LCA data can be found within the EPDs and Transparency briefs.
EPDs and Transparency Briefs:
• Environmental Product Declaration – Medium Density Fiberboard
• EPD Transparency Summary - MDF
• Environmental Product Declaration – Particleboard
• EPD Transparency Summary - PB
Industry Wide EPD Eligibility Statements for ARAUCO manufacturing locations:
• Albany, Oregon (PB)
• Eugene, Oregon (MDF)
• Malvern, Arkansas (MDF)
• Bennettsville, South Carolina (PB)
• Bennettsville, South Carolina (MDF)
• Moncure, North Carolina (PB)
• Moncure, North Carolina (MDF)
• Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario (MDF)
• St. Stephen, New Brunswick (PB)
• St. Stephen, New Brunswick (MDF)
Choose VESTA ULEF or VESTA NAF for Indoor Environmental Quality initiatives that call for products that meet the California Air Resources Board ATCM for ultra-low emitting or no-added formaldehyde composite panel products.