ARAUCO employs responsible best practices in the manufacture of every product, relying on wood grown in the company’s own certified, sustainably managed plantation forests (imported products) and post-industrial reclaimed fiber as raw materials (domestic).
The virgin wood fiber in ARAUCO-branded lumber, plywood, millwork and pulp products sold in North America comes from certified, sustainably managed plantation forests. All of the wood used in ARAUCO’s composite panels is recovered fiber, most obtained from post-industrial and post-consumer sources. The use of reclaimed fiber diminishes harvest pressure, extends the forest resource, and diverts significant volumes of material from waste streams.
ARAUCO is committed to making full and responsible use of available forest resources, and does not use wood from native forests or genetically modified trees in any of its products.
All of ARAUCO’s products are certified as compliant with FSC Chain-of-Custody standards, verifying that they can trace the wood fiber used in production back to responsible sources. ARAUCO’s North American composite panel mills are certified to the Composite Panel Association's (CPA) Eco-Certified Composite™ (ECC) Standard, indicating the mills’ implementation of a number of performance criteria, including the CPA’s Carbon Calculator Tool to assess product life cycles and carbon footprints. All ARAUCO composite panels sold in North America are manufactured in compliance with the California Air Resources Board’s “CARB-2” standard for formaldehyde emissions. ARAUCO mills also have attained a combination of ISO-9001, ISO-14001, and/or OSHAS 18001 certifications.
*Click here for details on ARAUCO’s certifications.
Customer Information Letters
• Australian Timber Regulation Statement of Compliance
• Lacey Act Statement of Compliance
• Letter to Customers re: Phytosanitary Regulations
• CARB Statement of Compliance
• CARB EPA Rule Letter to Customers
• Conflict Minerals Declaration
• Composite Panel Emissions Information Letter
ARAUCO´s RESPONSIBLE PRACTICES
• All wood fiber sourced from certified, sustainably managed plantation forests or recovered from post-industrial sources.
• No use of wood from native forests or genetically modified trees in any ARAUCO product.
• Verified legal origin.
• USDA Lacey Act compliant
• California CARB-2 compliant (composite panels).
• Mills powered with carbon-neutral, biomass-generated green power or clean-burning natural gas.